Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Which camera should I take with me on holiday?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member David17's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 9th, 2000
    Posts
    69
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I'm going on holiday to Italy tomorrow, and I'm wondering which Super8 camera I should take with me. I have two camera's: a Canon 1014 Electronic Zoom and a Bauer S 715 XL. The second one has the famous Angenieux lens (the same as on the Beaulieu 7008 camera). I can't decide. Which one should I take with me?

    David

  2. #2
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post


    Hey, am I mistaken, or long time no post?

    Hey, have fun in Italia.

    I'd take the smaller / lighter camera.

    Hope this helps.

    Hey, why don't you be this Hostboards "official" Travel guy.

    Tell us where you are in Italy, and wht you filmed that day.

    And don't ever leave your camera in your hotel room.

    You might need to bring a video camera to capture the sights and sounds also, especially if you want to roll off 20 or more minutes a day.

    I saw some digital-8 footage of Russia, looked pretty nice.

    -Alex



  3. #3
    Inactive Member #Pedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2000
    Posts
    266
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Take that one, that takes sharper pictures, as touristic shooting always includes landscapes and overview szenes. Focusing should be easy to capture the nice Italian market places with close-up shots. Lap dissolving would combine wonderful with the romantic athmosphere that is over the whole country.
    Don?t miss to visit fish markets early in the morning! Capture sound with a walkman recorder ans speak always into the mike, where you are shooting now. The light in Italy is very specific, don?t know why. It gives a very special flair and feeling to the pictures. Best shooting time is early in the morning (avoiding other tourists) or in the afternoon. In Italy you can buy K40 cardriges with developing included for about 25...30.000 ITL each, (but not in every fotoshop).
    It?s forbidden to enter in churches etc. with shorts or shoulder free dresses.
    Enjoy it! I think it is the nicest place in Europe!
    Pedro

  4. #4
    Inactive Member redrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 21st, 2001
    Posts
    50
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    whichever camera you take, take lots of fast film. i just got back from egypt with my 1014e, having taken 30 minutes of K40 with me, thinking there would be lots of light. there was. but the people weren't in it: they were all in doors. this means that if you want to shoot people, you need a film you can push quite high. and if you want to film outdoors in direct sunlight, you need a very good hat and a portable a/c unit to survive more than 15 minutes in a row. 15 minutes isn't always long enough to find the shot you want, let alone the really great one that comes (accidentally) just after it...

    stammi bene:

    peter

  5. #5
    Inactive Member David17's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 9th, 2000
    Posts
    69
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Thank guys!

    I'm currently in an internet cafe in Italy. The last few days, I have taken some very nice shots. I have token the Bauer C 715 XL camera with me. A very heavy beast, but it makes perfect pictures.

    David

  6. #6
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post


    Buon Giorno David..

    ...an official "you are there" report from David 17...all the way from Italy!

    Mama mia...that'za spicee meatballa.

    I heard hostboard paid for your trip.

    (please don't believe that last statement)

    -Alex


  7. #7
    Inactive Member #Pedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2000
    Posts
    266
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Buona sera David!!!
    where in Italy are you???
    have a nice shooting!
    Pedro

  8. #8
    Inactive Member David17's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 9th, 2000
    Posts
    69
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    Hi Pedro,

    I'm in Florence. It's very nice here, and I have made some great shots today!

    Bye,

    David

  9. #9
    Inactive Member #Pedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2000
    Posts
    266
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Hi David!!!
    don?t miss to make a tripp to Pisa, very close to Firenze, where they opened again the access to the tower! Besides the "piazza dei miracoli" with tower and cathedral, the normal, old city along the Arno river with it?s small roads and so on is very nice and impressive! If you ever think in visit Venezia, take a half day to make an island trip by transfer boat (leaving at "fundamento nuovo" in Venezia) to Murano, Burano, Torcello e Mazzorbo. Especially the fishermen?s island BURANO is worth the whole travel from Frirenze to Venezia. Each house along the chanels is painted in another stong color and the whole thing is mirroring in the water of the chanels between the houses! It?s really amazing and the tower of the church of Burano seems to fall down at any moment...
    Pedro

  10. #10
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post


    Did David stay in Italy.

    I hope he's not time-lapsing the lean of the Leaning Tower of Pisa.

    -Alex

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •